eT-Kernel is an upgraded version of open source RTOS T-Kernel 2.0, extended with unique eSOL technology for embedded systems. Taking advantage of the specific T-License2.0 of T-Kernel 2.0, it can be commercialized without making the software open-source. Source code is provided to eSOL customers however to allow more efficient development and integration.
|eT-Kernel Compact has
been certified to the following Functional Safety standards.
In addition, the eSOL RTOS product development process has been certified in compliance with IEC 62304 - a safety standard for the development of medical device software.
Product Line of eT-Kernel Safety Package
The core of all eT-Kernel profiles, eT-Kernel Compact, has been certified to the following Functional Safety standards.
- ISO 26262 ASIL D (For automotive)
- IEC 61508 SIL 4 (For industrial equipment)
Open source T-Kernel has been extended
As an RTOS vendor, eSOL has put great effort and know-how into enhancing T-Kernel 2.0 (distributed by TRON Forum) source code as a basis. When compared to open source T-Kernel, eT-Kernel offers the following additional features:
- "Logical File System (LFS)" offers transparent access to multiple file systems
- "Exception Manager" offers problem-solving support while the system is running
- "Target Shell" adds extended commands, useful for final system maintenance and inspection
- Multi-core compatibility using a unique scheduling method makes it possible to mix SMP and AMP
- System protection function helps to ensure multi-core system quality and reliability
- Unique verification in addition to standards test suite
Compatibility with T-Kernel is retained
eT-Kernel retains backward-compatibility with TRON Forum’s T-Kernel 2.0. eSOL is certified by Tron Forum to distribute a modified version of their product, so that you can use eT-Kernel with peace of mind.
Compact real-time OS
eT-Kernel Compact is analogous to μITRON compact RTOS with remarkable real-time capability.
|Compact RTOS with remarkable real-time capability, with a structure resembling μITRON|
Multi-core compatible, able to mix SMP and AMP
A multi-core compatible version called eT-Kernel MCE (*Multi-Core Edition) is available. Even when using the eT-Kernel MCE, an ideal profile can be selected from the option above. A unique "Blended Scheduling" technology allows mixing SMP-type programs and AMP-type programs in a single system. Also, a system protection function helps to ensure complex multi-core system quality and reliability.
|Multi-Core processor compatible eT-Kernel|
Development environment - eBinder
eBinder is available as a development environment for T-Kernel based embedded software development. It can be used for development with eT-Kernel Compact and eT-Kernel MCE. There is no need to learn how to use new development tools when you change your OS or profile, increasing the efficiency of the development process.
Logical File System supports POSIX file system APIs
A Logical File System (LFS) is provided, providing ANSI/POSIX file system APIs. It is fully integrated with the provided thread-safe C library. It can be called from anywhere, including processes and kernel applications including system programs. FAT file system is integrated as a standard file system that can be used via POSIX interface.
Successfully implemented in various fields
eT-Kernel has been successfully deployed in a wide range of diverse fields. It is also being used for numerous products that are currently under development.
Source code and documentation provided
eT-Kernel provides the source code. Comprehensive documentations are provided as well, including a User Guide, Board Support Guide, Getting Started document, etc.
Maintenance and customization services
Using maintenance services allows you to safety use eT-Kernel to tackle development tasks. eT-Kernel includes the following maintenance services :
- Product-related queries are accepted and answered through email
- Minor version upgrades and bugfixes
Also, a customization service is provided to ensure eT-Kernel is compatible with your specific hardware and different development environments.
- 3D Digital Multi-Function Around View Monitor System [In-vehicle information system]
- 3D Digital Around View Monitor [In-vehicle information system]
- MELSEC-Q Series C Language Controller [Commercial equipment]
- Space appliance development platform "Space Cube 2" [Satellite systems]