New Software-Factory-Ready eMCOS® SDK by eSOL
Tokyo, Japan, 14 Mar. 2023 – eSOL, a global specialist in the development of real-time embedded software solutions, announced the release of its new eMCOS software development kit (SDK), which will make it easier to kick start a development project and incorporate functional safety and mixed criticality when creating new embedded software.
Centered around eSOL's high-performance and scalable eMCOS multikernel real-time operating system (RTOS), the eMCOS SDK provides a full commercial, comprehensive bundle of CI/CD-ready tools and run-time software that reduce the complexity of developing and deploying embedded applications with mixed criticality. Faster and easier development starts are ensured by the SDK being covered by a single installation and license activation environment, simplifying purchasing and license management.
Masaki Gondo, CTO, Senior Executive Vice President, and Head of the Software Division at eSOL, says: "We are delighted to offer our enhanced eMCOS SDK in an easy-to-use, all-inone convenient package that simplifies functional safety or mixed criticality software development. This user-friendly commercial bundle of tools has been designed to help customers speed up their development of software solutions while optimizing their purchasing and reducing their overall costs.”
The new eMCOS SDK bundles in a single “all-in-one" integrated package the following development software components, including one-stop standard support and maintenance:
- eMCOS POSIX RTOS based on the scalable and high-performance multikernel architecture, offering an extensive POSIX API and optimized parallel computing for multi/manycore platforms
- eDEVS® powerful and rich tool suite optimized for eMCOS POSIX and designed to integrate seamlessly into a CI/CD toolchain: CMake-based build environment, Eclipse/Visual Studio code-compatible, Windows/Linux host support
- Original Arm Standard and FuSa C/C++ Compiler and library optimized for Arm hardware platforms
- Debug probe support for Arm DSTREAM debugger
- Middleware for robust and reliable transactional filesystem and secure TCP/IP network communication
- Sample BSPs for Arm platforms support
Furthermore, to complement the eMCOS SDK base software package, the following integrated add-ons are also available and conveniently handled in the same installation and license activation environment:
- eMCOS Hypervisor® to offer real-time virtualization of mixed-critical applications and support for complete Linux and Android guest systems
- FVP to support Arm's fixed virtual platforms for hardware simulation
- Internet protocol security (IPsec) for network stack security
- Debug probe support for dedicated debuggers
The eMCOS SDK has already been made available to eSOL’s key customers. Its first general release will be in April 2023. In the meantime, eSOL will continually work on the SDK to ensure its functionality and quality remain at the highest possible levels. Soon eSOL will release further add-ons including:
- Source code packages for eMCOS POSIX and eMCOS Hypervisor
- ISO 26262 pre-certified licenses and safety materials for functional safety in vehicles
The company will first feature this new software product at embedded world 2023 (14-16 March 2023 in Nuremberg, Germany).
About eSOL Co., Ltd.
Founded in 1975 and listed on the Prime Market of the Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE: 4420), eSOL is a leading global company in the fields of embedded systems and edge computing that seeks to contribute to a safer and better-connected society.
eSOL's high-performance and scalable software platform products and first-class professional services, centered around its unique and patented eMCOS multikernel real-time operating system (RTOS) technology, are used worldwide in demanding embedded application fields that conform to stringent quality, safety, and security standards. This includes automotive systems, industrial equipment, satellites, medical and digital consumer electronics.
In addition to the research and development of its leading-edge products, and joint research with major manufacturers and universities, eSOL is actively engaged in AUTOSAR, Autoware, and multi/many-core technology standardization activities.
For more information, please visit: https://www.esol.com/
* Autoware is an open source software built on ROS/ROS 2 for autonomous driving.
* eSOL, eSOL Co. Ltd, eMCOS, eMCOS Hypervisor, and eDEVS are registered trademarks or trademarks of eSOL Co., Ltd. in Japan and other countries.
* Other company or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.