Senior Field Application EngineerTo support its growth and international expansion in Europe and North America, eSOL is seeking an experienced Senior Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join its European team.
The position can be based in Soissons (02), France or in a home office (France or Germany).
As a Senior FAE at eSOL, you will be part of the customer-facing technical team and report to the VP of Engineering of eSOL Europe (hierarchical) and the VP of International Sales (functional).
You will work closely with and provide valuable pre-sales technical support to the international sales team to win new customers, develop design-ins and grow business with existing customers, driving growth and success for eSOL. You will also participate in and support the company’s events (tradeshows, webinars, conferences, etc.).
You will be responsible for product presentations and demos to customers and partners, describing how the eMCOS real-time software platform is the optimal solution for their embedded multicore applications. During customer evaluations, proof-of-concept (POC) and pilot projects, you will provide field technical support, including on-site visits, to review software designs and architectures, investigate customer issues, and make suggestions for optimal use of eMCOS products and technology.
You will also collaborate and advise (but not execute) the post-sales support provided by the customer support team to your customers, implement on-site licence installations and deliver product training.
You will work with our customers' engineering, project, IT, and quality departments, as well as eSOL's R&D, product marketing, FAE, engineering services, and customer support teams to support all relevant markets (automotive, industrial, medical, and consumer).
As additional FAE hires are planned to support our geographic and sector sales expansion, this first Senior FAE position may soon become the manager of the entire European FAE team, depending on personal performance and attitude.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least five- years’ experience in embedded, real-time software (RTOS) and hypervisors
- Proven track record in pre-sales technical support, professional services and/or design and engineering of safety- and security-critical embedded systems
- At least two years’ experience as a software or system engineer for an automotive or industrial manufacturer is highly valuable
- Customer-facing experience is highly desirable
- Expertise in real-time, embedded software, virtualization, POSIX-based OSes, C/C++ programming languages, debug and multicore microprocessor technologies
- Ability to understand how complex systems work
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Practical experience in developing BSPs, writing device drivers and firmware
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present in front of a large audience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to prioritize tasks in anenvironment where interruptions are frequent
- Active listening skills, collaborative teamwork skills, autonomous, positive attitude
- Full professional proficiency in written/oral English.
Additional useful qualifications:
- Knowledge in AUTOSAR and/or ROS/ROS 2 is a strong plus
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive and/or industrial market trends, industry needs, technologies, security and safety standards (including ISO 26262, IEC 61508 or equivalent safety certification), and customer pain points.
Back to Careers TOP