Senior Systems Software Developer
Are you looking to be part of a core innovation team in a quickly evolving, innovative technology company? The European team is ramping up to serve both the global needs of the company and the more local European customers' requirements. This will include working on the core products like our real-time distributed microkernel eMCOS, our middleware, or work on device drivers and more adventurous graphics stack support. You can contribute directly the most scalable OS in the world, present in systems as diverse as robots, autonomous systems, and soon many more automotive, medical, industrial and consumer systems.
Responsibilities include all steps of the software development lifecycle, from design to implementation, including performance and robustness improvements. The ideal candidate has some good knowledge of multiple operating systems both on the surface and inside, as well as experience in low-level network protocols, and has the ability to bring new ideas and innovation to the table.
As an optional part of the mission, you may interact with customers for project follow-up, leading a local engineering team, and/or create design documents for both your team and others.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong C programming skills, especially in constrained environment
- Knowledge of POSIX-based operating system architectures
- Ability to understand how complex systems work
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Good communication skills including verbal, written and interpersonal
- High level of autonomy and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- At least Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Additional useful qualifications:
- Process skills, e.g. Scrum/Agile, V cycle
- Experience in performance optimization
- Experience in using GCC and Clang/LLVM
- Experience with conforming to standards like MISRA-C, ISO 26262, IEC 61508
- Homebrew embedded or mobile project
- Interest in Japanese culture
- Proficient in English