Functional Safety Software Engineer
Are you looking to be part of a core innovation team in a quickly evolving, innovative technology company? The European team is ramping up to serve both the global needs of the company and the more local European customers' requirements. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to conduct safety analysis, develop functional requirements test, review designs of both eSOL's own products, but also customer projects. As a Functional Safety Software Engineer, you will be able to influence the development, methods and processes of all engineering teams at eSOL.
Responsibilities include all steps surrounding the actual coding of functionalities, including software specification, creating and reviewing tests, reviewing and improving the internal and external safety documents for our products.
As an optional part of the mission, you may interact with customers on their project, including discussion with customer Safety Managers, and/or their assessors.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Good programming skills (C, C++, scripting languages)
- Knowledge and understanding of test tools
- Understanding of real-time and operating systems
- Ability to understand how complex systems work
- Previous experience with functional safety related to ISO 26262, IEC 61508, IEC 62304, DO-178B/C or EN-12B/C
Additional useful qualifications:
- Process skills, e.g. Scrum/Agile, V cycle
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal), including explaining safety concepts to non-safety experts
- Good organization skills
- Interest in Japanese culture
- Proficient in English