OverviewFunctional safety has become one of the most critical elements for the development of automotive, industrial and medical software. Therefore, the developers are required to design the system's safety features, and build and implement the appropriate development process to meet the defined safety requirements. They also need to verify the history of their safety development process. eSOL helps developers to conform to the functional safety stardards by providing RTOS-based solution.
In April 2015, eT-Kernel/Compact real-time operating system (RTOS) has been certified for ISO 26262 Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL D) and IEC 61508 Safety Integrity Level 4 (SIL 4) - the most stringent level defined in these functional safety standards by SGS-TÜV Saar GmbH. eT-Kernel is planned to conform to the IEC 62304 safety standard for medical device software in 2015.
|eT-Kernel/Compact is a core of all three profiles of eT-Kernel RTOS. The RTOS has been certified to the following functional safety standards;
・ISO 26262 Automotive Safety Integrity Level D (ASIL D)
・IEC 61508 Safety Integrity Level 4 (SIL 4)
eSOL provides eT-Kernel Platform Safety Package for the users of eT-Kernel Platform which mainly consists of eT-Kernel and eBinder IDE. The Safety Package includes safety manuals and safety reports for developing eT-Kernel-based systems. This safety document package reduces the cost of conformance to the standards.
The lineup of eT-Kernel Platform Safety Package
- Automotive Safety Package（ISO 26262-compliant）
- Industrial Safety Package（IEC 61508-compliant）
- Medical Safety Package（IEC 62304-compliant）
*Expected to be launched in 2015
eT-Kernel Platform Safety PackageeT-Kernel Platform Safety Package contains evidence and information on measures that users' system conforms to the functional safety standards using eT-Kernel and eBinder. The safety manuals include the information on eT-Kernel’s safety concept, measures to secure and validate that safety concept, and guidelines for use of eT-Kernel from the viewpoint of its impact on system safety. On the other hand, the safety reports contain the results of validation by means defined in the safety manuals.
Optional support services for process building and application development based on the information in the Safety Package is also available.
- Safety Manual
・Proper use of the eT-Kernel Platform
・Hazard analysis and avoidance
・eT-Kernel Platform updates
- Safety Report
・eT-Kernel Platform product description
- Consulting and professional services
- Assistance with system certification
- Guidelines for secure, appropriate application development using the eT-Kernel Platform
- Technical requirements for designing, implementing, and verifying safety devices in user systems
- eSOL product quality data for user system certification
- ISO 26262 (ASIL D)/IEC 61508 (SIL 4) compliance support based on eSOL’s extensive knowledge and engineering resources
Areas covered in ISO 26262 frameworkeSOL provides a comprehensive functional safety solution which includes eT-Kernel Platform Safety Package, consulting services covering process improvement and architecture analysis based on wide experience and expertise, and engineering services with proven track record and skills. eSOL will strongly support developers of automotive and industrial systems so that they can focus more on product development and activities for compliance with safety standards.
ISO 26262 Automotive Safety Package
IEC 61508 Industrial Safety Package
Products and Services
With a combination of eSOL's and its partners' products and services, eSOL provides a comprehensive functional safety solution to meet various needs.
Support for Functional safety
- Consulting services
- Engineering services
Our productsRTOS and development tools
- eT-Kernel RTOS：Certified for ISO 26262 ASIL D/IEC 61508 SIL 4
- eBinder IDE：Expected to be certified for ISO 26262/IEC 61508
- ISO 26262/IEC 61508-compliant eT-Kernel Platform Safety Package
- ECUSAR R4.0: Expected to be certified for ISO 26262